CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beer Roast Sunday

Well, I made a major mistake today. I made one of the dishes on my favorite foods list, took pictures of it before and after to show you and then realized that my camera disk was still in my computer from yesterday when I uploaded new pics of my girls and my hair.

So, I will just have to post the recipe and next time I make it I will include pictures that I actually took.

My mom made this recipe, Beer Roast when we were still living at home, I love it and so does my family now,we usually enjoy it on a Sunday. The smell while this is cooking is the BEST!

Beer Roast
1 Cube of Butter
2 Large yellow onions sliced in rings
5 Cloves garlic cut in quarters
3 to 4 lb boneless roast
Flour
Salt
Pepper
½ can of coke
1 can of beer
Potatoes
Carrots

Preheat oven to 375
Melt butter, saute onion and garlic until soft in a large pan with cover. Dust roast with flour, salt and pepper.
Brown roast on all sides.
Pour in beer and coke. Add pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover
Place in oven, cook until tender adding water as juices cook down, usually about 3 hours
Set roast aside once cooked, wrap in foil. Increase temperature of oven to 400. Add carrots and potatoes. Cook until veggies are tender.

Place veggies in a side dish and cover. Mix cornstarch and water together according to package for gravy. On the stovetop, bring your leftover roast juices to simmering, add the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened(and long enough to get the cornstarch taste out of it).

Serve the roast, veggies and gravy with a green salad and bread of some sort.

Enjoy and have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds really good! I'm going to have to try that!
In fact - it might be a good snow day meal!!!

Stacy said...

Love Mom's beer roast! We haven't had that in a really long time. Thanks for the reminder!