CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rainy Saturday in Northwest Arkansas

It is almost the end of March and it is raining and cold here today.

Ali had her first local softball tournament in Fayetteville scheduled today and Erica, her first softball practice for her team, but they were cancelled due to the weather. We were all disappointed, but an unexpected day at home after our first week back to work post vacation, is not a bad thing. I am actually excited...

One of my favorite shows on TV when I was a young girl was "Happy Days" and this morning while I was waiting for the cancellation of the tournament, I watch the biography channel's documentary of this show. It was really good and brought back so many memories of great TV shows that my family used to watch together. Tuesday nights were "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley" and Thursday nights were "The Walton's". We all sat down together to watch. Now, Dave and I do that with our girls watching "American Idol", "Deal or No Deal" and Family Feud on the Game Show Network. I want so bad to have a wholesome drama type show that we could all watch together, but they just don't seem to exist these days, which is unfortunate.

So back to my Saturday, I plan to finish a great book I have been reading, called Yada Yada Prayer Group. It is the first in a series of six books I think. What is funny, is that I bought this book in February while browsing at Lifeway Christian Book store in Rogers to take with me on a trip. I read the first 3 chapters and put it down (because quite frankly, I don't have a lot of spare time to read, unless I am captivated by a book which rarely happens). Well last weekend I was catching up with one of my best friends in the world, Stephanie from California, and she mentioned that she had been reading a series of books about a prayer group, (the same book I bought), I told her my story about buying the first one and putting it down after a few chapters and she encouraged me to pick it back up and start reading it. So I became captivated, I started in chapter 3 on Monday and as of today, I am on chapter 23 (there are 41 chapters in this particular book), so I am really into it now and want to finish, and start the next one. I can't think of a better day to sit and read. If you want a good book to read ladies, I recommend this one...

After I finish it, I will be starting the annual clean out of my girl's room. That is a huge project, one that I like to do alone because I can throw out junk /give away things they don't use anymore and I won't get the "Oh Mom, I was gonna play with that".

My wonderful husband has volunteered to brave WalMart for me today with my grocery list...what a man!!!

Hope you all have a great Saturday, whatever you decide to do!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love all of those shows too ..."Happy Days" and "Laverne and Shirley". Such great shows!

Rachel said...

Hey Cheryl! This is Rachel Brown, the advisor that worked with Jerri and now works with Ellie on Hair Color (from L'Oreal) :). It is crazy how you can find people in this blog network!! I have a blog too, please feel free to check it out www.footballsandcrowns.blogspot.com You have a beautiful family, cute girls!! Keep in touch!! - Rachel